ASHIRWAD Hospital extends comprehensive international services for patients visiting the hospital from locations outside India.
Our international patient care department coordinates and takes care of all aspects of the visit.
We provide assistance to you and your family with varied services including:
Weekly health Tips | Your travel itinerary | Travel documents and visa | credit, cash, local currency medical documents and records in English | Financial, insurance & payment information | Medications| Medical formalities
Advice on the medical procedure and the quote will depend on the nature of medical assistance/ treatment required. If the concerned doctor feels that further investigations and recent reports are required, the same will be communicated to the patient.
Travel requirements & assistance
Once you have finalized your travel itinerary, share it with our international team. They will make the necessary arrangements for your arrival along with a complimentary pick-up from the airport and ambulance service.
Kindly inform us in advance in case you need a language interpreter. This service is made available on advance request.
We arrange for special diet to suit the preferences of international patients.
Assistance with regards to accommodation at hotels, guesthouses in the vicinity, local travel and foreign currency exchange will be arranged by the hospital as per your budget.
Finance & insurance services
Information about cost of services at the hospital will be shared by the Finance Manager or Insurance coordinator. All international patients have to deposit an appropriate amount quoted at the time of admission. In
case you have made an online payment kindly carry along with you the receipt of the online transaction.
> Payment via all major credit cards, traveller’s cheque, wire-transfer and cash are accepted.
During the visit
We request you to register at the Foreigners Regional Registration office within 14 days of your arrival if you are travelling on a medical visa.
Please submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- Driver’s license or any valid proof of identity with proper validity.
- Passport at the time of admission and copy of same will be maintained in your medical record.
- Meeting the consultant : An experienced specialist will meet you based on your medical requirement. You will discuss your medical issues with the expert, seek advice about the treatment plan, duration and do’s and don’ts.
- Medical and legal documents : It is necessary to carry details like X-rays, MRIs, health histories, photographs, immunization records, prescriptions and other health records relevant to the surgery.
Kindly carry your sponsor letter if you are sponsored by an NGO, corporate, insurance agency, etc.
- Discharge of patients and bill: Discharge process will be initiated only after the consultant agrees that the patient is fit for discharge and completes the discharge summary.
Once the discharge is confirmed, documents, medication and other formalities pertaining to the final bill will be processed.
- What will the discharge summary include?
- Drug prescription
- Investigation reports
- Pending reports : Reports that are not available at the time of discharge can be collected later at the reception or if need be, they can be mailed or couriered.
- Follow-up: We are committed to providing end-to-end care and would be happy to arrange a consultation for you. Our team is here to provide further assistance even after you return back home.